As a signatory to the Transparent Civil Society Initiative, which was set up by Transparency International Germany e.V., among others, HITA e.V. has committed itself to disclosing the goals of the association, where its funds come from, how they are used and in a specific format who decides how to use it.
This information is listed in the following ten points:
- NAME, SEAT, ADDRESS AND YEAR OF FOUNDING
The association Healthcare Information Technology for Africa e.V. (KITA e.V.) was founded on August 25, 2011 in Konstanz, Germany. The seat of the association is in Bad Mergentheim, Germany.
- FULL STATUTES AND OBJECTIVES OF OUR ORGANIZATION
The articles of association of HITA e.V. in their current version approved by the ordinary general meeting can be found here: [Vereinssatzung]
HITA e.V. aims to support the training of non-medical staff in rural regions of Sub-Saharan Africa and thus to sustainably improve health care, especially in structurally weak areas. HITA e.V. uses modern information and communication technologies.
- TAX RELIEF INFORMATION
The association is registered under the number VR 380 930 in the Freiburg Register of Associations. According to the certificate dated June 20, 2013, the association is recognized as non-profit by the Constance tax office and has the tax number 09041/06558. According to §5 para. 1 No. 9 of the Corporation Tax Act from corporation tax and according to Section 3 No. 6 GewStG from trade tax.
- NAME AND FUNCTION OF KEY DECISION MAKERS
Executive Board: Thomas Erkert (Chairman), Daniel Schlessmann (Deputy), Günther Michels (Deputy), Karsten Gareis (Assessor), Daniel Gerlach (Assessor)
Member support: Daniel Schlessmann
Accounting: Daniel Schlessmann
- ACTIVITY REPORT
Current activity reports from HITA e.V. can be found here: [Jahresbeichte]
- HUMAN RESOURCES
HITA e.V. currently has no salaried employees. The board and members are volunteers.
- INFORMATION ON SOURCE OF FUND
Information on the source of funds from HITA e.V. can be found here: [Annual Reports]
Most of our work is financed by donations and membership fees. We are very grateful to all of our supporters!
- DISCLOSURES ON USE OF FUNDS
Information on the use of funds can be found here: [Annual Reports]
The cash report is checked independently every year and then presented to the ordinary general meeting.
- CORPORATE AFFILIATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Healthcare Information Technology for Africa e.V. (HITA e.V.) is an independent association.
HITA e.V. cooperates with international institutions to enable the achievement of goals, including among others:
- Ministry of Health, Accra, Ghana (Memorandum of Understanding von 2010)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery (SONAM), University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana (Memorandum of Understanding of 2017)
- Chances Foundation, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana (Memorandum of Understanding of 2018)
- NAMES OF LEGAL ENTITIES WHOSE PAYMENTS ANNUALLY MORE THAN 10% OF THE TOTAL BUDGET
Further information on the Transparent Civil Society Initiative can be found at: